What’s the Law: Selling a Black Powder Firearm



TOPIC: Selling a Black Powder Firearm

Question: I am selling some reproduction black powder muzzle loader long guns, plus a few cap and ball revolvers. What’s the procedure?

Answer: If the black powder firearm uses loose black powder and not cartridges, the buyer must have a police department long gun permit to acquire. (Note the words, “FOR BLACK POWDER,” stamped on the permit.) Make a copy of the permit for your records. Buyer does not have to register the black powder firearm. This applies to black powder long guns and handguns.

© 2010 – 2015, Hawaii Historic Arms Association. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the Hawaii Historic Arms Association with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.